For a better understanding of this article, you should already know what Japanese Candlesticks are and all their features; for this reason, we suggest you to read this introductory article to Japanese Candlesticks: Japanese Candlestick Chart ( So that you can understand also the Ratings given to the Candlestick Patterns for the “quality” of the signal and for their frequency to “appear” on Charts).
Let’s analyse now the following Candlestick Pattern: “Two Black Gapping Pattern”.
Two Black Gapping Pattern
– Normally it should be a signal of continuation of the current Trend.
– It occurs during a Downtrend; confirmation is required by the candles that follow the Pattern.
– There is a Gap Down between the First Candle and the Previous one.
– The First Candle is black.
– The Second Candle is black, it has the High below the High of the Previous Candle.