For a better understanding of this article, you should already know what Japanese Candlesticks are and all their features; for this reason, we suggest you to read this introductory article to Japanese Candlesticks: Japanese Candlestick Chart ( So that you can understand also the Ratings given to the Candlestick Patterns for the “quality” of the signal and for their frequency to “appear” on Charts).
Let’s analyse now the following Candlestick Pattern: “Matching High”.
– Normally it should be a signal of reversal of the current Trend.
– You can find it in the variants: Low and High, depending on the Trend in which is located.
Matching High Pattern
– It occurs during an Uptrend; confirmation is required by the candles that follow the Pattern.
– The First Candle is long and white (The Close reaches a new High of the current Trend).
– The Second Candle is white; it has the Close at the same level (More or less) of the Close of the First Candle.