For a better understanding of this article, you should already know what Japanese Candlesticks are and all their features; for this reason, we suggest you to read this introductory article to Japanese Candlesticks: Japanese Candlestick Chart ( So that you can understand also the Ratings given to the Candlestick Patterns for the “quality” of the signal and for their frequency to “appear” on Charts).
Let’s analyse now the following Candlestick Pattern: “Identical Three Crows”.
Identical Three Crows
– Normally it should be a signal of reversal of the current Trend.
– It occurs during an Uptrend; confirmation is required by the candles that follow the Pattern.
– The First Candle is long and black.
– The Second Candle is long and black; it has the Open near or at the same level of the Close of the First Candle.
– The Third Candle is long and black; it has the Open near or at the same level of the Close of the Second Candle.
– The Real Bodies of the Three Candles, should have the same size (For a further confirmation of the Pattern, although it is not necessary).